Saturday, June 22, 2013

Princess, Dragon, Knight. (originally written on March 7, 2010)


I am here standing between the creature and you. I play the knight tonight. 
Who are you tonight?


Me? I play the damsel of uncertainty. Strong but unsure. Fun but morose. Ready but cynical.
I am power on a leash.



That is no good. It sounds nothing like the story I've heard when I was a kid. 
Aren't you supposed to thank me now? Kiss me now? I've heard such stories a lot!



Well..you choose to hear the stories you like or you choose to remember the endings that appeal to you. 
I am sure that you never heard the one where the Princess slayed a dragon.
Stereotypes, lame plots, dull endings. Times have changed, Sire!


I am no dull ending anyways. I am the hero in all my stories. 
I refuse to destroy the hero's stereotypes.
Are you coming?



I refuse to be rescued. I can do it myself. I can rescue you for a change!



Alright, Then carry me over the burning bridge.
You think I would be heavy? 
But again....how about the kiss?

.....................................
.....................................
.....................................

Hmm....that was....nice!



You think so?



Yes. Am I heavy?


Never!

No comments:

The Great Plan

  “Everything happens for a reason” What? That has to be mankind’s vain effort to make sense of everything that happens around them. To ...